How To Pay For Facebook Ads In Nigeria
Paying for ads on Google for instance is quite simple.
You give your card details and you’re charged accordingly.
But with paying for Facebook ads in Nigeria, it’s a different issue entirely.
ALSO READ: Opay POS machine price in Nigeria
The issue with Paying for ads on Facebook in Nigeria
For some reason best known to Mark Zuckerberg, if you’re in Nigeria trying to pay for ads and you go with the “Pay with credit card” option, it’s going to tell you that your card details are wrong (when actually, it’s perfectly correct).
Why does this happen, you might wonder?
Fact is this, Facebook has different regulations and different features for different countries. The exact reason why Nigeria is exempted from paying via credit card is best known to them. They’re not going to tell you or change their minds because of you.
And this is probably one of the major reasons I am thankful for the emergence of DeFi startups like Richee Pay, Patricia, Quidax etc.
Our goal is not to know why, our goal is to figure out ways around the inhibitions and unbeknownst to most Nigerians who search for this information, the solution usually stares them right in the face.
Facebook has a partnership with PayU that allows Nigerians to pay for ads seamlessly via their ATM cards.
ALSO READ: See PTA rate in Nigeria today
How to pay for Facebook Ads in Nigeria using PayU.
- First and foremost, sign into your Facebook account.
- Go to Facebook Ads Manager payment methods page and click on “Add Money“.
- Select the option “Naira Payment With Mastercard and Visa – PayU”.
- Enter the amount you want to add to your Facebook ads account (it can even be as low as N200 just in case you want to do a test run). Click “Review Payment”.
- Click “Make Payment”.
- When this page on PayU shows, click “continue“.
- You’ll be redirected to a page where you will be asked to enter the details of your Mastercard or Visa card. Enter the card details and click “Pay”.
- Choose your OTP recieval method, accept terms and click “Submit”. Enter your otp and click “Submit”.
- If all goes well, you will see a prompt telling you “your transaction was successful“.
To check your ad account balance, go to the billings section of the Facebook ads manager.
RELATED: Is this the best bank to save money in Nigeria?
But why go through all this stress?
At Richee Media, we help our clients run effective social media advertising campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, YouTube, Tiktok and other social platforms.
We’re the only complete and best full-service social media marketing agency in Nigeria.
Contact us now to help with your social Media marketing efforts and take your business from point A to point B.